Skip to main content

United States Air Force Airman First Class (A1C) Edward "Ed" Cabansag


United States Air Force Airman First Class (A1C)  Edward Cabansag

Airman First Class (A1C) Ed Cabansag was strongly "encouraged" or forced to sanitize the events that took place in Rendlesham Forest 1980. He accompanied Jim Penniston and John Burroughs, with investigating a craft of unknown origin, that landed and was sitting\hovering on the forest floor.  The craft emitted a blinding dome of white light with yellow, orangish red and blue lights pulsing near or on the skin of the craft. 

The following is the sanitized version of Cabansag's statement he was forced to write and sign.

“On 26 Dec 80, SSgt Penniston and I were on Security #6 at Woodbridge Base. I was the member. We were patrolling Delta NAPA when we received a call over the radio. It stated that Police #4 had seen some strange lights out past the East Gate and we were to respond. SSgt Penniston and I left Delta NAPA, heading for the East Gate code two. When we got there SSgt Steffens and A1C Burroughs were on patrol. They told us they had seen some funny lights out in the woods. We notified CSC and we asked permission to investigate further."

"They gave us the go-ahead. We left our weapons with SSgt Steffens who remained at the gate. Thus, the three of us went out to investigate. We stopped the Security Police vehicle about 100 meters from the gate. Due to the terrain we had to go on by foot. We kept in constant contact with CSC (Central Security Control). While we walked, each one of us would see the lights. Blue, red, white, and yellow. The beckon light turned out to be the yellow light. We would see them periodically, but not In a specific pattern. As we approached, the lights would seem to be at the edge of the forest. We were about 100 meters from the edge of the forest when I saw a quick movement, it looked visible for a moment. It looks like it spun left a quarter of a turn, then it was gone. I’m advised SSgt Penniston and A1C Boroughs. We advised CSC (Central Security Control) and proceeded in extreme caution. When we got about 75-50 meters, MSgt Chandler/Flight Chief, was on the scene. CSC (Central Security Control) was not reading our transmissions very well, so we used MSgt Chandler as a go-between. He remained back at out vehicle. As we entered the forest, the blue and red lights were not visible anymore. Only the beacon light, was still blinking."

"We figured the lights were coming from past the forest, since nothing was visible when we passed through the woody forest. We would see a glowing near the beacon light, but as we got closer, we found It to be a lit-up farm house. After we had passed through the forest, we thought it had to be an aircraft accident. So did CSC (Central Security Control) as well. But we ran and walked a good two miles passed the vehicle, until we got to a vantage point where we could determine what we were chasing was only a beacon light off in the distance. Our route through the forest and field was a direct one, straight towards the light. We informed CSC (Central Security Control) that the light beacon was farther than we thought, so CSC (Central Security Control) terminated our Investigation. Airman First Class (A1C) Burroughs and I took a road, while SSgt Penniston walked straight back from where we came. A1C Burroughs saw the light again, this time it was coming from the left of us, as we were walking back to our patrol vehicle. We got in contact with SSgt Penniston and we took a walk through where we saw the lights. Nothing. Finally, we made it back to our vehicle, after making contact with the PC’s and informing them of what we saw. After that we met MSgt Chandler and we went in service again after termination of the sighting.”  

~Airman First Class (A1C) Edward Cabansag

Popular posts from this blog

How the Rendlesham Forest Incident binary code message was received, revealed and decoded

“During the night I was often wakening with thoughts, or rather images, of visions of ones and zeros running through my mind, my mind’s eye…” – Jim Penniston, Encounter in Rendlesham Forest In 2010 it was revealed by Jim Penniston that he initiated a download of information when he touched the pictorial glyphs on the craft of unknown origin during his investigation in the early morning hours of December 26th, 1980, in Rendlesham Forest.   26-year-old Sgt. James Penniston was part of the three-man USAF Security Police team called to investigate the landed craft of unknown origin in Rendlesham Forest.  The men with Sgt. Penniston, were A1C John Burroughs and A1C Ed Cabansag.  Only Penniston and Burroughs went into the woods to investigate the landed craft, Cabansag stayed near the truck as a radio relay for the men. Cabansag watched the mysterious pulsating multicolored lights in forest, while his two team members headed out on foot.  As Penniston and Burroughs approached the unusual lig

How the Rendlesham Binary Code Message AUTHENTICATES itself - by Gary Osborn

Those who are interested in the Rendlesham Forest Incident should have been informed by now that the Rendlesham binary code message, as claimed to have been received by first responder SSgt. Jim Penniston on Boxing Day morning, 1980, has finally been deciphered and that the seven sets of geographical coordinates found within the message, each and together, contain enough additional information that could fill three large volumes. In other words, a great deal of data – answers to some of the things that have had us mystified for centuries – has been encapsulated within just those seven sets of coordinates.  However, aside from all the additional data they contain, what follows is a short version summary as to how the Rendlesham Binary Code Message actually AUTHENTICATES itself, which was first presented in the last chapter of the book I co-authored with Jim Penniston titled, The Rendlesham Enigma , published in 2019. Think on this. Do not ignore it. What follows is factual and pro

Jim Penniston's Notebook

Jim Penniston first showed this notebook publicly on the Sci-Fi documentary UFO Invasion at Rendlesham broadcast in 2003 December.  Jim discusses the investigation the night he was face to face with a Craft of Unknown Origin that landed on the forest floor: "After ten minutes without any apparent aggression, I determined the craft was non hostile to my team or to the base. Following security protocol, we completed a thorough on-site investigation, including a full physical examination of the craft. This included photographs, notebook entries, and radio relays through airman Cabansag to the control center as required. On one side of the craft were symbols that measured about 3 inches high and two and a half feet across". "These symbols were pictorial in design; the largest symbol was a triangle, which was centered in the middle of the others. These symbols were etched into the surface of the craft, which was warm to the touch and felt like metal".  "The feeling