Skip to main content

U.S. Air Force Major General Gordon E. Williams


“I did drive General Gordon Williams to an F-16 on the Bentwaters tarmac the AM of December 30th. He had two canisters of 35mm footage with him. …He told me directly that it was actual footage of the UFOs on the ground.” – Mike Verrano, RAF Bentwaters Capt. and Day Shift Commander, December 1980

Major General Gordon E. Williams was director for plans and policy, J-5, Headquarters U.S. European Command, Stuttgart-Vaihingen, West Germany.

General Williams was born in 1935, in Nashua, N.H., and graduated from Alvirne High School, Hudson, N.H., in 1953. He earned a bachelor of science degree in general engineering from the U.S. Military Academy in 1957 and a master of science degree in systems management from the University of Southern California in 1971. He completed Air Command and Staff College in 1969, National War College in 1975 and Harvard University's executive program on national and international security in 1983.

He entered pilot training in August 1957 and received his wings at Laredo Air Force Base, Texas, in September 1958. After gunnery training at Luke Air Force Base, Ariz., and Nellis Air Force Base, Nev., he was assigned to the 510th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Clark Air Base, Philippines, in September 1959, flying F-100s. The general subsequently was assigned to the 612th Tactical Fighter Squadron, 401st Tactical Fighter Wing, England Air Force Base, La. He represented the wing at William Tell 1962, the worldwide tactical gunnery meet. During this assignment, General Williams also attended the Air Force Fighter Weapons School at Nellis Air Force Base and Airborne School at Fort Benning, Ga.

Selected for exchange duty with the U.S. Navy in 1964, General Williams flew an F-4 combat tour of duty in Southeast Asia from the carrier USS Ranger. He then was assigned to the initial Air Force contingent in combat evaluation of the A-7 with the Navy, again from the USS Ranger. In May 1968 he transferred to Edwards Air Force Base, Calif., as Tactical Air Command project officer for A-7D testing.

In February 1971 he was assigned to the Tactical Fighter Division, Directorate of Operational Requirements, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. He culminated this tour of duty as chief, Advanced Systems Branch, with requirements responsibilities for a broad range of new tactical fighters, including F-15s, F-16s and A-10s.

General Williams graduated from the National War College in 1975 and then was assigned as commander, The United States Logistics Group, Detachment 118, Izmir, Turkey. He served as the deputy commander for operations, 406th Tactical Fighter Training Wing, Zaragoza Air Base, Spain, from July 1976 to September 1977. He then transferred to the 81st Tactical Fighter Wing, Royal Air Force Station Bentwaters, England, as vice commander. He became commander of the wing in August 1979. In May 1981 he moved to Ramstein Air Base, West Germany, as inspector general, U.S. Air Forces in Europe.

Upon returning to the United States in September 1982, General Williams was assigned as director of aerospace safety, Air Force Inspection and Safety Center, Norton Air Force Base, Calif. In July 1984 he became center commander. In June 1985 he became commander of the 13th Air Force, Pacific Air Forces, Clark Air Base. In March 1987 he was assigned as assistant deputy chief of staff for programs and resources at Air Force headquarters. He assumed his present position in May 1987.

The general has more than 4,000 flying hours and has flown numerous aircraft, including F-100s, F-4s, A-7s, A-10s and F-15s. His military decorations and awards include the Distinguished Service Medal, Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster, Distinguished Flying Cross, Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster, Air Medal with 15 oak leaf clusters, and Navy Commendation Medal with "V" device and three service stars.

He was promoted to Major General Sept. 1, 1984, with date of rank March 1, 1981.

Maj Gen Williams gravesite in Arlington National Cemetery

Popular posts from this blog

How the Rendlesham Forest Incident binary code message was received, revealed and decoded

“During the night I was often wakening with thoughts, or rather images, of visions of ones and zeros running through my mind, my mind’s eye…” – Jim Penniston, Encounter in Rendlesham Forest In 2010 it was revealed by Jim Penniston that he initiated a download of information when he touched the pictorial glyphs on the craft of unknown origin during his investigation in the early morning hours of December 26th, 1980, in Rendlesham Forest.   26-year-old Sgt. James Penniston was part of the three-man USAF Security Police team called to investigate the landed craft of unknown origin in Rendlesham Forest.  The men with Sgt. Penniston, were A1C John Burroughs and A1C Ed Cabansag.  Only Penniston and Burroughs went into the woods to investigate the landed craft, Cabansag stayed near the truck as a radio relay for the men. Cabansag watched the mysterious pulsating multicolored lights in forest, while his two team members headed out on foot.  As Penniston and Burroughs approached the unusual lig

How the Rendlesham Binary Code Message AUTHENTICATES itself - by Gary Osborn

Those who are interested in the Rendlesham Forest Incident should have been informed by now that the Rendlesham binary code message, as claimed to have been received by first responder SSgt. Jim Penniston on Boxing Day morning, 1980, has finally been deciphered and that the seven sets of geographical coordinates found within the message, each and together, contain enough additional information that could fill three large volumes. In other words, a great deal of data – answers to some of the things that have had us mystified for centuries – has been encapsulated within just those seven sets of coordinates.  However, aside from all the additional data they contain, what follows is a short version summary as to how the Rendlesham Binary Code Message actually AUTHENTICATES itself, which was first presented in the last chapter of the book I co-authored with Jim Penniston titled, The Rendlesham Enigma , published in 2019. Think on this. Do not ignore it. What follows is factual and pro

Jim Penniston's Notebook

Jim Penniston first showed this notebook publicly on the Sci-Fi documentary UFO Invasion at Rendlesham broadcast in 2003 December.  Jim discusses the investigation the night he was face to face with a Craft of Unknown Origin that landed on the forest floor: "After ten minutes without any apparent aggression, I determined the craft was non hostile to my team or to the base. Following security protocol, we completed a thorough on-site investigation, including a full physical examination of the craft. This included photographs, notebook entries, and radio relays through airman Cabansag to the control center as required. On one side of the craft were symbols that measured about 3 inches high and two and a half feet across". "These symbols were pictorial in design; the largest symbol was a triangle, which was centered in the middle of the others. These symbols were etched into the surface of the craft, which was warm to the touch and felt like metal".  "The feeling